Service and support technician (Fitter / Welder)
Full Job Description
We are currently recruiting for the role of Pipe Fitter/Welder to join Pipers Service and Support team in Ireland. This is a permanent, full-time position. Most of the work is based in Ballyragget, but willingness and ability to travel within Ireland is required for this position.
Piper is a world leading provider of metering, sampling, and automated data collections systems for the Dairy industry. Piper was founded in 1994 and we export products to the UK, Australia, New Zealand, and the US, as well as servicing the Irish market. This position provides critical service support to one of the country’s leading Dairy Co-ops.
About the Role
This role requires the successful candidate to be comfortable in working with milk tanker maintenance and stainless-steel pipework, hydraulics maintenance and pump maintenance. There will be significant opportunity for progression in this role and a demonstrated willingness to learn new skills will be key.
Responsibilities & Duties
The successful candidate will be responsible for working with our existing team and:
- TIG welding of stainless-steel pipes and components
- Measuring, drilling & cutting steel and materials
- Welding, joined and assembling components
- Removing worn / broken parts & components and replacing same as needed
- Ability to assess and repair hydraulic systems and pumps
- Having the ability to carry out all work aspects in accordance with Quality and Health & Safety standards.
- Perform visual inspection of assembly parts and overall product.
- Ability to learn other areas sufficient to fill in where required.
- Examines equipment visually or physically to ensure conformance with established standards.
- The role requires both inside and outside work.
Qualifications & Skills
- Stainless Steel TIG welding experience
- Fitting and MIG weld experience
- Hydraulics maintenance and pump maintenance experience
- Ability to deal with technical queries and problem solving.
- Attention to detail and excellent Quality of work.
- Valid safe pass and manual handling certificate
- Highly motivated with strong communication skills.
- The ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Good time management skills.
The ideal candidate will be organised and efficient, pay strong attention to detail, be a good communicator and have previous experience working in a similar environment. The successful candidate will have excellent organizational skills, demonstrate flexibility and have a willingness to learn new skills
- Competitive salary commensurate with relevant experience
- Company vehicle
- Phone and computer
- Standard day of 8:30am – 5:00pm
Supplement pay types
- Overtime pay
- Ballyragget (c.80% OF TIME),
Expected Start date: