Why Choose Piper
We're passionate about dairy and improving milk collection standards across the industry
Piper’s Dairy Experience is Unequalled: We operate internationally, suppling the world’s leading dairy-producing countries with technology that streamlines the milk collection process.
Join Our Team
Service and Support Engineer
Essential Job Functions
• Visiting client sites for maintenance, mechanical repair, installation, or replacement of company products.
• On site / remote support for users
• Customer Breakdown support for both electrical & hydraulic systems
• IT support to distributors / users
• Providing training to end-users on the proper use of and basic care for the company’s products.
• Answering technical questions from distributors, contractors or end users regarding the organization’s
installation and/or support services.
• Maintaining records of visits to client sites including contractors, noting issue, resolution, and time spent.
Reporting trends in issues or customer suggestions to management
• Scheduling and managing contractor support calls
• Documenting steps used during training for reference and improvement
• Participating in developing training programs and training of end-users
• Participating in developing training programs and training of distributors and contractors
• Answering client support questions and escalating more complex questions
• As this position involves interaction with suppliers and customers at all levels of management, well
developed social skills are a requirement.
• The successful candidate will have excellent organizational skills, but also exhibit flexibility
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to use own initiative
• Accurate Reporting
• Ability to work without supervision
• 24 volt DC vehicle electrics competence
• Understanding of basic hydraulic systems
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
• IT competence
• Common sense and sense of humour
• Helpful attitude
• Full Driving Licence
US Engineering Product Manager
The primary purpose of the US Engineering Product Manager is to become the focal point and customer-facing product expert for our US tanker-based system, DynaStream. This role is responsible for managing the full life cycle of the product including product commissioning installation, customer training, data integration, customer support, product performance, and ongoing customer relationship management. This role will require frequent travel to the US to manage project implementation and to develop strong customer relationships. As the candidate for this role comes up to speed, they will also take on similar responsibilities for our US farm-based systems.
Be the go-to product expert and go-to person for the US tanker-based system, DynaStream.
Project manage each new customer from pre-installation to active systems running in the field
Develop & deliver customer training and support material to enable the ready adoption of this new technology by customers.
Manage the data integration of the Piper system with the Customers data system
Develop and implement a customer support infrastructure that provides customers easy access to issue resolution, problem-solving & call support.
Responsible for US system performance and improvement including monitoring of system data to ensure operational effectiveness and generation of insights, ideas, and opportunities.
Responsible for developing strong customer relationships through clarity of communication, strong project management and timely delivery of commitments
Develop a strong understanding of the needs and trends of the US dairy industry.
Develop a strong competitive intelligence understanding of the US market.
- Mechanical or electronic engineering degree, or an equivalent discipline
- 10+ years of engineering experience dealing with electromechanical systems
- Excellent project management capability with a proven track record of delivery and execution.
- Strong data analytics capability with an ability to generate insights and turn them into action.
- An aptitude in problem-solving.
- Excellent all-round communication and collaboration capabilities
- Positive, action-oriented, and service-oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must have the ability to travel to the US up to 30% of the time.
- Dairy sector or Agri-tech experience and customer-facing experience a plus.